lundi 13 août 2012

Tealet!

Okay, I'm getting a little too excited about Tealet.
Just kidding, I don't think it is possible to get "too" excited about Tealet!
Tealet works to connect smaller tea growers with the larger international market of individual tea drinkers. Their business model reduces the cost of fine teas to the consumer AND gives farmers larger profits. Read more about their business here.

I met Elyse Petersen, founder of Tealet at the Boulder Tea Festival a few weekends ago and we talked a lot about the company and how she got it started. As soon as I got home, I jumped on her IndieGoGo page and became a member. That's right, for $60, I get a three bi-monthly shipments of tea, direct from the growers. (You've missed out on signing up for now, but you can still buy tea from their website, or wait and sign up for the membership in October) Tealet connects with growers (mostly organic, although uncertified) from around the world.

I still get giddy when I think of receiving my first shipment of tea!

There it is!!


Two 37.5oz (a $30 value- and trust me, that's a bargain) re-sealable foil packes of THE most heavenly smelling DragonWell (LongWu) tea.




Seriously, this stuff is good. Sometimes I just go to my tea cupboard and take a wiff of the leaves, because they are that delicious. (I have to admit, I eat them after I make tea with them too. So. Good.)
A very pungent, earthy, almost nutty-smelling leaf produces a very delicate liquor. Can be infused three times. Perhaps my 5 gram estimating skill is a little off, as I find I like to leave it in a little longer than 2-3 minutes to get the taste to match the strength of the scent. Notice how the leaves are so nice and big! And look where it comes from:
A ten-acre tea farm that's been in the family for over 100 years!

I couldn't be happier with my $60 investment, and I will definitely subscribe again when it runs out!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire